Saturday, June 18, 2016

Tributes to my Father 

One of the rarest of rare pictures of my father Late Sh.T.N.Raina fondly known as Bota Ji by the younger generation of our joint families. He lived with me at Alwar towards the later part of his age. Old age ailments, particularly diabetes,had weakened him a lot, but his occasional joviality never subtracted him. This monumental picture is a proof of his high class wit and hilarity. Bota Ji cycled throughout and never drove a two wheeler in his life. In this picture, true to his style and confidence, he poses as a competent driver of a scooter at my place in Alwar. I could read a sense of utmost pleasure and satisfaction on his face when he looked at me for a while for this photo-shot. Owning a scooter during the period he lived in, was no less than a luxury. With limited resources and meagre income at his hand , he successfully shouldered all his liabilities with his head high in the sky.My father passed away at the age of around Eighty four in Alwar in the year 2002 leaving behind a rich legacy of his forthrightness, resolute temperament and endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment